Apple Cheddar Muffins Recipe
If you like tart apples and cheese, you'll love these moist, merry muffins. My family insists I make them for the holiday, but they're so easy to fix that I often whip up a batch or two on camping and canoe trips as well.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. In a small bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 222 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Apple Cheddar Muffins
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2016
"Delicious. Our new favourite!!."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC