Apple Cheddar Muffins Recipe
If you like tart apples and cheese, you'll love these moist, merry muffins. My family insists I make them for the holiday, but they're so easy to fix that I often whip up a batch or two on camping and canoe trips as well.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. In a small bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 222 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Apple Cheddar Muffins
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2016
"Delicious. Our new favourite!!."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC