Apple-Cheddar French Toast Recipe
Plentiful layers of bread, ham, pie filling and more in this sweet-savory dish remind me of lasagna— only for breakfast. I lost count long ago of the number of recipe requests I've received.
- 2 packages (12-1/2 ounces each) frozen French toast
- 8 ounces thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 cup granola cereal with raisins
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. Prepare French toast according to package directions. Place six slices in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with ham, 2 cups cheese and remaining French toast. Spread pie filling over top; sprinkle with granola.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and brown sugar; serve with French toast. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 484 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 708 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Cheddar French Toast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC