- 2 packages (12-1/2 ounces each) frozen French toast
- 8 ounces thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 cup granola cereal with raisins
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Prepare French toast according to package directions. Place six slices in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with ham, 2 cups cheese and remaining French toast. Spread pie filling over top; sprinkle with granola.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and brown sugar; serve with French toast. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Cheddar French Toast
Sort By :
"My husband loves this recipe. I used to purchase frozen french toast, which made this a quick fix. I'm no longer able to find the frozen french toast in our area so I stopped making it as it would take too long to make it from scratch and then add to the dish. We also preferred using granola without raisins. It's a very hardy breakfast and a nice change from the many egg dishes out there."