Stuff apples with a yummy filling, then slice the fruit into rings to make eye-appealing after-school snacks. The filling is an irresistible combination of creamy peanut butter, sweet honey, miniature chocolate chips and raisins. —Miriam Miller, Thorp, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 4 medium unpeeled Red Delicious apples, cored
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and honey; fold in chocolate
- chips and raisins.
- Fill centers of apples with peanut butter mixture; refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour. Cut into 1/4-in. rings. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 apple ring equals 50 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.