Apple-Carrot Slaw with Pistachios Recipe
Sweet, crunchy and colorful, a vibrant slaw like this will be an all-star at your next tailgate spread. I prefer to use freshly julienned carrots and apples because I love their vibrant taste.—Linda Schend, Kenosha, Wisconsin
- 6 cups julienned carrots (about 9 ounces)
- 4 medium Fuji, Gala or other sweet apples, julienned
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pistachios, divided
- Dash salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add 1/2 cup pistachios; toss to combine. Season with salt to taste. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining pistachios. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup equals 171 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC