Apple Carrot Salad Recipe
Diane Molberg of Emerald Park, Saskatchewan tosses together sweet raisins, bright carrots and crunchy apple chunks to create this fresh-tasting side dish. "This creamy salad is a breeze to prepare and a nice accompaniment to any meal," she relates.
- 4 large carrots, shredded
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the carrots, apple and raisins. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, pepper and sweetener. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 66 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC