Diane Molberg of Emerald Park, Saskatchewan tosses together sweet raisins, bright carrots and crunchy apple chunks to create this fresh-tasting side dish. "This creamy salad is a breeze to prepare and a nice accompaniment to any meal," she relates.
- 4 large carrots, shredded
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the carrots, apple and raisins. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, pepper and sweetener. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Carrot Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p57
Reviews for Apple Carrot Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review