Reports elementary school teacher Elaine Cooley from Louisville, Kentucky, "This recipe was given to me by the parent of one of my students. These fruity muffins are moist, tender and taste almost like carrot cake. They freeze well, too."
- 1-3/4 cups raisin bran cereal
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple, carrots and walnuts. Fill paper-lined muffin cups or cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Carrot Muffins in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p7
Reviews for Apple Carrot Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review