- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining sugar; spoon over cream cheese layer. In another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping; cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars
"These are wonderful! Made them for a ladies Bible study group and got rave reviews. My husband was glad there were a few left over."
"Amazing recipe, thank you for sharing. I had no left overs!"
"And we have a winner! Great recipe. Takes a few steps to get it all put together and it's not a super quick dish....but it's a fantastic fall flavor dessert. I added a little extra cinnamon to the top layer. Smells terrific baking. Caramel adds an extra punch. Would make again for sure."
"Made this recipes substituting for the apples, 4C of chopped zucchini, core removed and peeled, then chopped. I tossed the chopped zucchini with a little sugar, and let it drain in a colander for about 30 minutes, just to pulled out some of the moisture. No one knew it wasn't apples, and loved it! Great way to use up some of summer's bounty. Will make this again with apples when all my zucchini are gone."
"Fantastic..this receipe is super easy and the whole family loves them. Great for the fall!!! Your home will smell like an apple farm.... Perfect"
"I made this over the weekend and it didn't turn out as well as I was expecting, and it took alot longer for me to make than I thought it would. The crust took longer to cook than instructed, and all the layers seemed to blend together. I may try this one more time before I give up!"
"These bars are a combo of cheesecake and apple cobbler. Very impressive for company!"
"This was delicious! And the aroma while it was baking was heavenly! I was worried it might be overly sweet, but it was perfect! Will definitely make this one again and again!"
"This is the same recipe as Paula deens very good.made many times."
"Winner of our family caramel contest. No leftovers. Thanks"