Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars Recipe
It's a caramel apple, cheesecake and streusel-topped apple pie all rolled into one irresistible dessert. If you can’t resist a “taste test” before a party, just arrange them on a serving platter and no one will know a piece is missing from the pan! —Katherine White, Clemmons, North Carolina
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- 3. In a small bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining sugar; spoon over cream cheese layer. In another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple layer.
- 4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping; cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar equals 191 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC