- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining sugar; spoon over cream cheese layer. In another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping; cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars
Sort By :
"First let me say i was having one of those days and put these in the oven for a few minutes before i realized the cheesecake filling was still in the bowl. After scraping as much of the topping as i could and putting the cheesecake on the apples i took it to a family party without trying it. I let everyone know i didnt know what it was going to taste like, it was a huge hit. Some took 2 pieces. No issue with the crust which i baked for 15 mins,( could be because the apples were on top of it. Great recipe, next time i hope to make it the way it is written."
"I debated whether to make these bars or not because I really don't care for crispy apples in baked goods when there isn't enough baking time to get them done. I decided to go ahead and bake these bars and I'm so glad I did. They are delicious! I did grate the apples, (Granny Smith) instead of thinly chopping and this worked out perfect and the apples were NOT crispy. Just right! Yum! I followed some of the other reviews and baked the crust for 10 minutes instead of the 15-18 minutes. I did not measure the caramel topping. I just drizzled almost half of a 12.25oz. jar of Smuckers Caramel Ice Cream topping. I served these bars at coffee hour after church and i received many compliments. Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe!"
"Made for a card party and YUM. None left over. Had Honey crisp apples on hand and used gluten free flour for crust. Very good recipe"
"I made these for our office Halloween potluck and they were a hit! They tasted like apple pie, but even better. I saved some for my picky kids and they even loved them. Great Fall dessert when you're sick of the usual ones."
"I made these last fall for a couple events and they were a hit with everyone. Several people asked for the recipe. It took me about 45 min to prepare but well worth it. I'm going to make them again this weekend."