- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups sliced peeled Granny Smith apples (about 4 medium)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) egg bread, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and cinnamon; cook and stir 4-6 minutes over medium heat until blended. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top evenly with apples. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, salt and remaining brown sugar until blended; stir in bread. Pour over apples. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator; uncover and let stand while oven heats. Bake 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Apple Caramel Bread Pudding in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Apple Caramel Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review