- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, peeled, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 cups cubed French bread
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 medium apples or ripe pears, diced
- For croutons, combine 1/4 cup oil, 2-3 garlic cloves and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; let stand for 1 hour. Strain oil and discard garlic. Toss bread cubes in the oil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and remaining oil and salt. Mince remaining garlic; stir into dressing.
- Place romaine in a salad bowl; drizzle with dressing. Add the croutons, Parmesan cheese and apple; toss to coat. Yield: 10 - 12 servings.
Originally published as Apple Caesar Salad in 100 Most-Requested Recipes of 2011 2011, p61
Reviews for Apple Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review