Apple Cabbage Toss
This dish is a favorite of ours because it suits both my husband's and my tastes. We love the touch of sweet flavor with cabbage. The apple adds color, and it's a compatible side dish with ham and baked or sweet potatoes.
-Mary Skram, Columbia, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, cook the cabbage, onion and apple in butter over
- medium heat for 8 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 236 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 3 g protein.