Apple Cabbage Coleslaw
This cool, crunchy salad is perfect for hot summer days when family reunions, picnics and weddings are in full bloom!—Emma Magielda, Amsterdam, New York
90 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cartons (16 ounces each) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 5 teaspoons ground mustard
- 4 to 5 pounds unpeeled tart apples, julienned
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 large heads cabbage (3 to 4 pounds each), shredded
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Cover
- and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Toss apples with lemon juice. Combine apples and cabbage; mix well.
- Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 90-95
- (1/2-cup) servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 36 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.