Apple Cabbage Coleslaw Recipe
This cool, crunchy salad is perfect for hot summer days when family reunions, picnics and weddings are in full bloom!—Emma Magielda, Amsterdam, New York
- 3 cartons (16 ounces each) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 5 teaspoons ground mustard
- 4 to 5 pounds unpeeled tart apples, julienned
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 large heads cabbage (3 to 4 pounds each), shredded
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Toss apples with lemon juice. Combine apples and cabbage; mix well. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 90-95 (1/2-cup) servings.
1/2 cup: 36 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Apple Cabbage Coleslaw
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC