Apple Butterscotch Crisp Recipe
This dessert classic from Jolanthe Erb of Harrisonburg, Virginia gets a rich twist from butterscotch pudding. We had the warm apple filling bubbling to perfection in a mini slow cooker.
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Place apples in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, pudding mix and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 406 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC