Apple Butterscotch Crisp Recipe
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, pudding mix and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Apple Butterscotch Crisp(5)
Sort By :
Easy to make and very tasty!
The picture accurately depicts the results. The topping is in no way crisp; it's greasy and gluey. Also, it's overpoweringly sweet with both the brown sugar and the pudding mix and the butterscotch flavor takes over. Won't make this one again without modifications.
I have found my recipe for apple crisp...I will use no other. I was even able to make this 'safe' for my youngest who can't have any chemicals in his diet. There is a 'safe' butterscotch pudding by Dr. Oetker Organics. It was amazing!!! I did it in the oven to make the topping nice a crisp. YUM
H0w would you make this for 9 or 10 people
1/3 Cup = how many boxes and what size?
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cobbler >
- Apple Crisp >
- Apple Crisp Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Crisp Topping >
- Crisps >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >