Apple Butterscotch Cake Recipe
Several years ago, I found this cake recipe to make for my husband's family, and they liked it. It is very rich and tasty.—Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Combine the sugar, oil and eggs; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in the apples, pecans and 1/4 cup butterscotch chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining butterscotch chips. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 607 calories, 33 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC