- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Combine the sugar, oil and eggs; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in the apples, pecans and 1/4 cup butterscotch chips.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining butterscotch chips. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Apple Butterscotch Cake
Sort By :
"I love this recipe. I exchanged the oil for unsweetened applesauce, exchanged the eggs for 1/2 c. of better than eggs and omitted the nuts. It turned out great. I agree from another review that it is sweet. So next time I will cut the sugar back to 3/4 cup. This cake is moist and flavorful."
"Didn't like it that much. Way to sweet."
"This cake is wonderful. I would just like a "lighter" version of it. It is so moist and delicious. Everyone who tried it said it is definitely a "keeper"."