Apple Butternut Squash
We created this creamy side dish that pairs apple butter and butternut squash. The mild flavor would work well with any entree.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place squash in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the squash with apple butter, cream, salt and
- cinnamon until blended. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 104 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.