Apple Butternut Squash Recipe
We created this creamy side dish that pairs apple butter and butternut squash. The mild flavor would work well with any entree.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place squash in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the squash with apple butter, cream, salt and cinnamon until blended. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup equals 104 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC