Apple Butternut Squash Recipe
We created this creamy side dish that pairs apple butter and butternut squash. The mild flavor would work well with any entree.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place squash in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the squash with apple butter, cream, salt and cinnamon until blended. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup equals 104 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC