We created this creamy side dish that pairs apple butter and butternut squash. The mild flavor would work well with any entree.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place squash in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the squash with apple butter, cream, salt and cinnamon until blended. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Apple Butternut Squash in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p126
Reviews for Apple Butternut Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review