Apple Butternut Soup Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the squash, broth, apple, water, thyme and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan; stir in cream and heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 172 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 9g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Apple Butternut Soup
"I've made this with fat free half-and-half to make it a 0 Point per serving treat"
"What a great surprise! Love it, so simple to make and Really says Fall in all the right ways!"