Apple Butternut Soup Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the squash, broth, apple, water, thyme and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan; stir in cream and heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple Butternut Soup
Sort By :
"I've made this recipe several times. It is truly a cold weather winner! I have made it with and without the cream for non-dairy friends and it is delicious either way. I use my Immersion blender to save time with processing at end."
"I've made this with fat free half-and-half to make it a 0 Point per serving treat"