Chunky spiced apple butter made with lemon juice, cinnamon, and ground cloves. Brought to you by dLife®
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 pounds medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 pinch whole star anise, equal to 1 star anise
- Heat apples, water, and cider in a large pot; let boil and lower
- heat. Place lid on half the pot and simmer 30 minutes or until
- apples are soft.
- Using a food processor or blender, puree apple mixture until coarsely
- chopped. Spoon mixture back into pot.
- Mix sweetener lemon juice, salt, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and anise
- into pot and cook on low 1 hour, stirring often. Remove cinnamon
- sticks and star anise. Spoon mixture into an airtight container, let
- cool, and then place in refrigerator until chilled.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 64 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 33 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate,