The addition of apple butter gives this pumpkin pie a slightly fruity flavor. I'm always happy to share reliable recipes like this. —Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup apple butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground ginger, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk in salt and spices until well blended. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes if necessary. Cool on wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p140
Reviews for Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review