- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup apple butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground ginger, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk in salt and spices until well blended. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes if necessary. Cool on wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forApple Butter Pumpkin Pie
"The best pumpkin pie ever! The apple butter just adds the right flavor and tones down the pumpkin a little. Our family really liked it!"
"Although I prefer a fluffy-type pie, this one was pretty darn good. I like the flavor the apple butter adds to the pumpkin. Followed the recipe as is, and I don't think I would change anything when I make it again. Nummy!"
"I am about to make this for the third time tonight! My family really likes this pie!"
"Have made this twice serving it to a number of different people with very positive reviews and have shared recipe with several. Really a "keeper" (not the pie, it disappears too fast; but the recipe)."