Apple Butter Muffins Recipe
Meet the Cook: As an ex-farm girl, I have fond memories of making apple butter with my grandmother. I often bake muffins for my husband and me to eat during job breaks. I work part-time, but the best part of my week is the time I spend at home being a wife and a mother to our daughter, born just last November. -Anita Bell, Gallatin, Tennessee
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup thick apple butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with a rounded tablespoon of batter. Top each with a rounded teaspoon of apple butter and remaining batter. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Butter Muffins in Country Woman May/June 1995, p31
Reviews for Apple Butter Muffins(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2011
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2011
Very good. I will be making these again. The sugared pecan topping added a nice crunch. I am excited to use the apple butter my grandmother makes in these, again and again.
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2008
These are the most delicous muffins ever!