Apple Butter French Toast Recipe
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place bread in a 9-in. square baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, milk, apple juice concentrate and vanilla. Pour over bread and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and the edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with almonds. Combine apple butter and cinnamon; serve with French toast. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple Butter French Toast(1)
Sort By :
Love the idea of making ahead for Christmas morning,.
I split the bread and put in a tablespoon of softened cream cheese mixed wkth apple butter before pouring the liquid over to sit overnight. Nice idea to have something ready to go in the morning for overnight guests or Christmas morning when everyone is opening presents.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >