Apple Butter Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (prepared without salt and liquid smoke) equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Apple Butter Barbecued Chicken
"The sauce was delicious! I used homemade apple butter and a salsa verde. Took about 20 minutes total for the chicken to be completely done. I also made mashed potatoes with this and put some of the sauce that came off the chicken on top...so good! This is a keeper."