- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- BUTTER CREAM SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to batter (batter will be very stiff). Fold in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add the sugar, cream and vanilla. cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and sauce is heated through. Slice cake; serve with warm sauce. Refrigerate leftover sauce. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Apple Bundt Cake
Sort By :
"I love this cake, it never fails to please! I haven't made the sauce because I find the cake stands up on its own, it's THAT good!"
"This cake is fantastic, and the sauce puts it over the top. Took it to a church potluck and it got rave reviews. It's a keeper."
"this was my first cake from scratch. it was great and a big hit. Very rich and very moist. I thought the batter was extremely thick and thought I was doing it wrong but stuck it through to the end and loved it."
"There is never enough of this for my family - every time it is gone they ask me to make it again!"
"This has been an all-time favorite cake in our family for nearly 30 yrs. The only things I change are: reduce oil to 1 cup; & add 1/2 tsp. nutmeg & 1/4 tsp. cloves to the flour mixture. We frequently enjoy this for breakfast on Sundays."