- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- BUTTER CREAM SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to batter (batter will be very stiff). Fold in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add the sugar, cream and vanilla. cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and sauce is heated through. Slice cake; serve with warm sauce. Refrigerate leftover sauce. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Apple Bundt Cake(4)
Sort By :
very good cake i find its even better if you make a day or 2 ahead the flavor is even better as it sits if you can keep it around that long! :)
This cake was awesome!!! My brother ate 3 pieces. My family rated this cake very high. Yes indeed it was EXTREMELY stiff. It did have a lot of oil but next time I will try using 1/2 of the oil and 1/2 applesauce. The recipe didn't indicate what kind of apples, so I used Granny Smith. I recommend this cake to all!!
This is a good recipe, and I absolutely love the sauce! I made it for a class of 30 adults, and I got many compliments and two recipe requests. The sauce is probably the best part! Three tips: The sauce as it was cooling kept wanting to separate, but as long as I stirred it every now and then as it was cooling the sauce came out perfect. Secondly, for those that might think that 1 and 1/2 cups oil is alot, try substituting half of that with applesauce. It will make a less oily, more moist and flavorful cake. And lastly, the recipe says that the batter will be stiff and that was totally an understatement! But resist the temptation to add some liquid and follow the recipe. The cake will turn out fine. Will definitely make this again!
Made this cake for a dinner party. Liked the sauce but not the cake. Far too much oil. Left a cooking of oil in your mouth and if you held a piece of cake in you hands your hand became very greasy. Would never make again. Kirsten