Apple Brown Betty Recipe
This treat can whipped up in no time. It costs little to prepare, but it's big on flavor.—Florence Palmer, Marshall, Illinois
- 4 slices white bread, toasted
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. Tear toast into bite-size pieces; place in a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Top with apples. Combine sugars and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes. Serve warm with cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 456 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Brown Betty
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC