Apple Brown Betty
This treat can whipped up in no time. It costs little to prepare, but it's big on flavor.Florence Palmer, Marshall, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 slices white bread, toasted
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Tear toast into bite-size pieces; place in a greased 1-1/2-qt.
- casserole. Top with apples. Combine sugars and cinnamon; sprinkle
- over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 456 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.