This treat can whipped up in no time. It costs little to prepare, but it's big on flavor.—Florence Palmer, Marshall, Illinois
- 4 slices white bread, toasted
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Tear toast into bite-size pieces; place in a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Top with apples. Combine sugars and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes. Serve warm with cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Brown Betty in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p19
Reviews for Apple Brown Betty
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review