- 4 slices white bread, toasted
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Tear toast into bite-size pieces; place in a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Top with apples. Combine sugars and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes. Serve warm with cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Apple Brown Betty(3)
Sort By :
Few ingredients, easy to prepare and most importantly it is delicious!!! It is also fantastic topped with reg or choc cool whip. Will make this again many more times.
Quick and easy to make, no leftovers though. I will try a double batch next time.
I have had this recipe since it was published back in the early 90's. It is one of my family's favorite and is alway on hand for when company drops by.