Apple Broccoli Salad
I came up with this recipe in an attempt to combine the flavors of Waldorf salad and my favorite broccoli salad. It appeals to family and friends.
—Brenda Sue Huntington, Clemons, New York
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 medium tart apples, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, broccoli, onion and raisins. In
- a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice
- and salt; pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill
- for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in the bacon and
- walnuts. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 330 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.