- 6 medium tart apples, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, broccoli, onion and raisins. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and salt; pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in the bacon and walnuts. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Apple Broccoli Salad
"This salad is so tasty. It is tart and sweet at the same time. I used dried cranberries instead of raisins. Thanks, Brenda Sue, for sharing this recipe."
"Very tasty but, the next time, I will leave the bacon out. I will add some dried cranberries along with the raisins."