Apple Broccoli Salad Recipe
I came up with this recipe in an attempt to combine the flavors of Waldorf salad and my favorite broccoli salad. It appeals to family and friends. Brenda Sue Huntington, Clemons, New York
- 6 medium tart apples, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, broccoli, onion and raisins. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and salt; pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in the bacon and walnuts. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Apple Broccoli Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p228
Reviews for Apple Broccoli Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2010
Very tasty but, the next time, I will leave the bacon out. I will add some dried cranberries along with the raisins.