- Place chicken in the 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Carefully pour
- cooled brine into bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible; seal bag
- and turn to coat. Place in a roasting pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours,
- turning occasionally.
- Place beans and apples in a greased roasting pan. Drain chicken;
- place in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40 minutes.
- Combine the minced rosemary, oil, pepper and remaining brown sugar;
- sprinkle over chicken. Bake 15-25 minutes longer or until a
- thermometer reads 180° and beans are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 chicken thighs with 3/4 cup bean mixture equals 580 calories, 32 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.