Apple-Brie Spinach Salad Recipe
In the summer, I don't like to prepare or eat large meals, so I often make salads. I'm always on the outlook for new and interesting recipes, and this one is a winner that I like to make for company. —Rhonda Crowe Victoria, British Columbia
- 4 large apples, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Place apples on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with 2 tablespoons syrup. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn; brush with remaining syrup. Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, pecans and apples. In a small saucepan, combine the dressing ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 242 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Brie Spinach Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC