In the summer, I don't like to prepare or eat large meals, so I often make salads. I'm always on the outlook for new and interesting recipes, and this one is a winner that I like to make for company. —Rhonda Crowe Victoria, British Columbia
- 4 large apples, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place apples on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with 2 tablespoons syrup. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn; brush with remaining syrup. Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, pecans and apples. In a small saucepan, combine the dressing ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Brie Spinach Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p27
Reviews for Apple-Brie Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review