Apple-Brie Spinach Salad Recipe
- 4 large apples, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place apples on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with 2 tablespoons syrup. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn; brush with remaining syrup. Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, pecans and apples. In a small saucepan, combine the dressing ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Brie Spinach Salad(4)
Sort By :
I really love this salad because it great combination. Instead cooking the apple I cut them up into chuck. I don't like cooked apples very well.
Not too impressed with this salad. It just didn't have that much flavor. After broiling the apples for 3 minutes, they were soft. The brie wanted to stick together and the dressing just didn't give much flavor. Not a disaster but not one I'd make again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Salad >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Spinach Salad Recipes >