“With onions, apples and cheese, these quesadillas are a surprising change from typical versions,” reports Heather Kahn Gisi of San Dimas, California. “They have sweet and savory flavors I just love. I cut them into quarters and serve them for brunch along with scrambled eggs and fresh fruit,” she notes.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and quartered
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook the onions, vinegar, sugar, thyme and rosemary in oil for 10 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Spoon the mixture over half of each tortilla; top with apples and cheese. Fold over. Cook on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Brie Quesadillas in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p13
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple Brie Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review