Apple Brie Quesadillas Recipe
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and quartered
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook the onions, vinegar, sugar, thyme and rosemary in oil for 10 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Spoon the mixture over half of each tortilla; top with apples and cheese. Fold over. Cook on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple Brie Quesadillas
Sort By :
I was tired of my old appetizer recipes and wanted to make something different for an upcoming party. This recipe turned out to be a GREAT hit! Everyone was expecting it to be Mexican and pleasantly surprised at the unique taste. I modified the recipe slightly. I added cooked applewood bacon pieces to the mixture. I also double the recipe and for the other half, I used fresh mozzerella instead of the brie. In addition, I cooked the quesadillas in the oven at 475 F for 7-8 minutes until crispy and lightly brown. I had several requests for the recipe. This one is definitely a keeper! Next time I may try it with cooked chicken.