- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package almond brickle chips (7-1/2 ounces) or English toffee bits (10 ounces)
- 3 medium tart apples, cut into chunks
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugars and vanilla. Fold in brickle chips. Serve with apples. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Apple Brickle Dip
"So delicious and easy to put together. A nice change from caramel dip."
"LOVE this dip but I can't give it 5 stars because it is SO very hard to find brickle where I live. It is great with toffee bits too but it is amazing with brickle."
"can't save this in my recipe box:("
"To lighten the mix you might try using whipped cream cheese opposed to a block of cream cheese."
"I've done this with splenda blend. It still tasted great, and there was less sugar."
"Was delicious, but added additional cream cheese and some greek yogurt to make it more spreadable."
"My mom first gave me this recipe about 12 years ago. I have made it countless times, and every single time, I get asked for the recipe. Yes--it's a lot of sugar. But it's fabulous. Modify if you must, but it's terrific just as written. Don't eat the whole bowl and you'll be fine. :)"
"SWEET PERFECTION! It was a little rich for me, but I tell ya..... when the apple slices ran out people were eating it with SPOONS...lololol Next time I make it (it will be a regular item at our gatherings from now on) I might try adding a little Cool Whip just to lighten it up a bit. I'll also use low fat or fat free cream cheese next time. I don't think you would be able to tell the difference in taste! It just couldn't be any easier to make. PEOPLE WENT NUTS FOR IT!"