- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- In bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside. Combine the eggs, oil, vanilla and apples. Stir into flour mixture. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Apple Bread(10)
Sort By :
Is this recipe correct? I mixed it up this morning and it was too dry to bake.
This recipe is bad. Like others said, something is wrong with this recipe. DON"T MAKE IT.
I agree with the other reviews...dough was very dry and crumbly. I think this recipe needs to be removed or revised for those of us that don't read reviews first. I added a half cup of oil and another egg. It's still in the oven, but I hope it turns out alright. I hate to waste my time and ingredients. Very disappointed!
I have never heard of apple bread before but it is really good and with going into apple season this is great - I used Granny Smith apples - it was awesome
Good recipe, the only I added a small mixture of cinnamon and sugar to the bottom of the loaf pans before pouring in the batter and then sprinkled some on top before putting it in the oven. Gave it a nice flavor, will definitely make it again.