I got this recipe a long time ago and with a few changes it's become one of our favorites. Everyone who's ever tasted this bread has asked for the recipe!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Apple Bread in Country October/November 1990, p51
Reviews for Apple Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review