I got this recipe a long time ago and with a few changes it's become one of our favorites. Everyone who's ever tasted this bread has asked for the recipe!
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- In bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking
- powder and salt; set aside. Combine the eggs, oil, vanilla and
- apples. Stir into flour mixture. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for
- 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 154 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.