I got this recipe a long time ago and with a few changes it's become one of our favorites. Everyone who's ever tasted this bread has asked for the recipe!
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° In a large bowl, whisk the first six
- ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil and vanilla until
- blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter
- will be thick). Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-55 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans
- 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves
- (12 slices each).