- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened apple juice
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion in butter until tender. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, apple, raisins, salt, sugar, sage and onion mixture. Drizzle with apple juice; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until apple is tender and top is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forApple Bread Stuffing
"I servered this with a Weight Watchers pork loin roast with dijon mustard and cherry sauce. It was delicious! Very moist and tasty. I did not have any apple juice so I used low fat chicken broth. Very, very good."