- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Apple Bread
"Well I've moved on from banana and zucchini bread as we enter fall and made this Apple Bread recipe using apples from our local Apple Hill in Camino, CA... what a treat! I think I may try incorporating a cream cheese swirl the next time...just for fun and extra flair!"
"I added milk to the recipe and one more egg. I just added enough to give it a cake like batter consistency. I have it in the oven now. Just waiting to see how it turns out."
"I have never heard of apple bread before but it is really good and with going into apple season this is great - I used Granny Smith apples - it was awesome"
"Good recipe, the only I added a small mixture of cinnamon and sugar to the bottom of the loaf pans before pouring in the batter and then sprinkled some on top before putting it in the oven. Gave it a nice flavor, will definitely make it again."