- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Apple Bread
Sort By :
"I had to add a cup of water...hope it works....am sure this was a misprint....the person who proofread this recipe before submitting, needs to find a new job!"
"The recipe overall is a good one. I did need to add 1/4 cup buttermilk to the batter since it was a little to dry and all the flour had not incorporated. I used buttermilk since it was what I use when making other similar types of bread. I added it 1 table spoon at a time just until the batter was moist. I also added 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and ground cloves to the dry mix."
"I added milk to the recipe and one more egg. I just added enough to give it a cake like batter consistency. I have it in the oven now. Just waiting to see how it turns out."
"Is this recipe correct? I mixed it up this morning and it was too dry to bake."