Apple Brandy Recipe
I spend a lot of time developing recipes for the many fruits and vegetables we grow on our farm. In this creation, brandy is enhanced with apples and spices for a delightful drink.—Deanna Seippel, Lancaster, Wisconsin
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 pounds apples, sliced
- 1 liter brandy
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Additional whole cloves and cinnamon sticks
- 1. Combine sugar and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place apples in a large glass or plastic container; add the sugar mixture, brandy, cloves and cinnamon stick. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least two weeks, stirring once a week.
- 3. Strain brandy mixture; discard apples and spices. Pour into glass bottles. Place an additional three cloves and one cinnamon stick in each bottle. Yield: 2 quarts.
1-1/2 ounces equals 123 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.
Reviews for Apple Brandy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC