Apple Bran Muffins for Two Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup All-Bran
- 2/3 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the milk, egg, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 muffin equals 208 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Bran Muffins for Two
"The recipe published in TOH was not this one...it yielded 2 dozen and was published as part of my TOH field editor write up with 3 other recipes. Not sure why it's showing now as muffins for "two" and yield is 6."