Apple Braised Pork Recipe
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Combine the thyme, sage and pepper; rub over pork. In a Dutch oven, brown meat on all sides in oil; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add the apple, apple juice concentrate and salt; bring to a boil. Return meat to the pan.
- 2. Cover and bake at 325° for 55-75 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with juices.Remove to a serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Pour cooking liquid into a measuring cup; skim off fat. Cool cooking liquid slightly; place in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Serve with the roast. Yield: 12 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 219 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Apple Braised Pork
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer