Apple Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 9 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 4 large tart apples, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1. Spread butter over the bottom of an 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs; press down gently. Set aside.
- 2. Cut each apple into 16 wedges. In a large skillet, saute apples in butter until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and ginger; sprinkle over apples; toss to coat.
- 3. Place blueberries in a bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice and orange peel; toss gently to coat.
- 4. For topping, combine flour and brown sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Spoon apple mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with blueberry mixture and topping (dish will be full).
- 5. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 378 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple Blueberry Cobbler
"If you like apple pie, blueberries, and gingersnaps you'll love this cobbler! Scoops out easy and the recipe also halves well."