- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 9 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 4 large tart apples, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Spread butter over the bottom of an 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs; press down gently. Set aside.
- Cut each apple into 16 wedges. In a large skillet, saute apples in butter until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and ginger; sprinkle over apples; toss to coat.
- Place blueberries in a bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice and orange peel; toss gently to coat.
- For topping, combine flour and brown sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Spoon apple mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with blueberry mixture and topping (dish will be full).
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Blueberry Cobbler in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 11
Reviews for Apple Blueberry Cobbler(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2012
If you like apple pie, blueberries, and gingersnaps you'll love this cobbler! Scoops out easy and the recipe also halves well.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Cobbler >
- Apple Cobbler >
- Apple Crisp Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Berry Cobbler >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cobbler >
- Blueberry Cobbler Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >