Apple-Berry Streusel Bars Recipe
With fruity filling and nutty topping, these attractive bars taste like they cost a pretty penny.—Jane Acree, Holcomb, Illinois
- 2-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Beat in butter just until moistened. Set aside 2 cups for topping.
- 2. Pat remaining oat mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss apples with remaining flour; stir in the preserves. Spread over hot crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine nuts and reserved oat mixture; sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- 4. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 121 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Apple-Berry Streusel Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC